As a key stakeholder of the Lifetime Support Authority (LSA), you play a crucial role in supporting the LSA to deliver treatment, care and support services which enhance quality of life for participants, are person centred, financially sustainable, innovative and efficient.
The LSA are conducting the yearly review of the LSS Rules. The LSS Rules are issued under section 56 of the Motor Vehicle Accidents (Lifetime Support Scheme) Act 2013 (SA).
The LSS Rules outline:
- The eligibility criteria of the scheme,
- Rules for disputes about eligibility,
- Necessary & reasonable treatment, care and support decision making, and
- How treatment, care and support needs are assessed.
We are reviewing all parts of the LSS Rules to:
- Make them easier to read;
- Incorporate scheme experience since it commenced; and
- Ensure they remain effective in supporting sound decision making.
The LSA is consulting widely across all of our stakeholders and your opinion matters. We’ve prepared a table of the proposed changes to the LSS Rules, which have been reviewed by the LSA Applications & Rules Committee, and the LSA Participant Reference Group.
If you have any questions regarding the process, please contact Rohan Weckert, Senior Legal Coordinator via firstname.lastname@example.org or (08) 8429 0279.
Your ideas and opinions matter to us.
There’s still time to let us know what you think so please respond by Friday 31st August.
We look forward to hearing from you.